RCM Technologies offers information management solutions and Integrated Design Engineering to recreate any existing facility into an accurate digital design that includes:
- 3D model of the existing facility
- 2D drawings
- Embedded drawings into the model
- Design in actual environment
- Integrated schedule for construction
The engineering and design of retrofits and upgrades for existing plants traditionally rely on manual surveys. This method is error prone, costly, and in many cases, hazardous to perform. Our Integrated Design capabilities address these challenges and more. Laser scanning is used to produce state-of-the-art 3D models that accurately fuse real world conditions into high definition digital designs. The benefits include less future change orders, design accuracy, accurate as-built conditions, quick visualization of interferences, reduced travel costs, and elimination of safety hazards.
- Expedite the design process: Digitized 3D data will speed up any refurbishment or expansion project on brownfield plants.
- Reduce Risk: Hazardous locations can be surveyed safely, therefore minimizing site risks. Elimination of rework is accomplished using highly accurate 3D models.
- Higher Quality: Accurate site scans reduce errors which are prevalent in traditional design processes.
- Enhanced visualization of the design:
- Less Downtime: Designing in the real environment improves efficiencies during design by reduces site visits.
- Reducing Risk: Projects models can be created digitally prior to implementation, thereby improving constructability.
By using Reverse Engineering service, you can:
- Update project drawings with an accurate 3D CAD model.
- Identify discrepancies between as-designed and as-built models.
- Validate installation, commissioning and maintenance procedures.
- View the model of the proposed design within its planned location to check site compatibility
- Communicate design intent to stakeholders.
- Verify the accuracy of prefabricated modules prior to shipment for site installation.